My personal goddesses:


Madonna: the Alpha and Omega.
Judi Dench: Don't potter, children: swim! (O!)
Maggie Smith: she is Thetis, Queen of the Sea; she is Desdemona, whiter skin than snow.
(Maggie as Mcgonagall; Judi as Dolores Umbrige: Hem hem! O, I shall surely die.)
Cher: a shining constellation in the dark night of life.
Cate Blanchett: A Elbereth Githoniel!
Celine Dion: her voice sluices through my being.
Monica Belluci: Persephone. Eternal Kore.
Quentin Crisp: Gloriana.
Faye Dunaway: she scares me; I crave her.
Sian Philips: Reverend Mother.
Meryl Streep: strangely I've nothing to say about her, but like her all the same.
Julianne Moore: she's like Ursula Le Guin's prose: austere and luminous.
Lena Olin: sexier wrinkles have never graced lips of woman; I'd let her betray me any day.
Milla Jovovich: Not in the least bit ancient but made the list. The Supreme Being. La Pucelle. How can she not be?
Emma Thompson: a few more years, and she'll be Judi.
Glenn Close: Alright: war. (O!)
Angelica Huston: Cara mia!
Kylie Minogue: she's so pert! That arse!
Carrie Anne Moss: if PVC were not already invented, it would be for her.